Saturday, January 23, 2010

Operations Gods Temple

I have been challenged to post my Operation God's Temple project, why, how and what's next so here it is.... Watch for posting about the progress.

For a few months now I have been saying I have to loose weight. Be healthier, it was when we were doing the Purpose Study, it was SO clear! I am to be a Bride to God, and display His temple. Now I could be one of them big ol' Buddhist temple all plump and round but don't think that would be considered a Healthy Temple, so.....
I can have food delivered from Jenny Craig, ummm why cant I make them myself?
I can take drugs again for suppressants but that is hard on my heart and BP is high on 3 drugs already. But I knew I could convince my PCP if I tried, if not I could go to the weight loss clinic they give you anything. Well.... if I am working on God's Temple why do I want to damage it more.
I could join weight watchers, but then thinking meetings would be hard to make it to.... so another excuse to 'put it off" until I find more time.
I am sure there were many more options I thought about but lastly I was on the rope ready to jump into bypass surgery. Shoot, 2 to 6 weeks out of work? Restricted food intake ... can I make these changes on my own? Can't forget the cost, don't know if bankruptcy attorney would approve the expenses.

So in my head I decided the following. I have to do it with the help of my Faithful Father. I need to draw my strength from Him. When I falter I don't expect a bolt to zap the twinkie out of my hand, but I do expect me to slow down and talk with Him, and ask Him for the strength to continue. And I know this will happen.... I will have it.

I need to journal more, I have holiday pictures. I do need to do an about me..... and this just may be it.
I am basically taking out all white products, flour, sugar, rice
Making single pre weighed portions of everything I eat.
Remembering I do not need ice cream or dessert in bed every night at 9pm
Not eating 2nds, and trying to eat as much raw food as possible.
And praying praying lots!!!!
That is what I am doing now.
Next week I might decide I want to change what I am doing, but my will power right now is really strong! If I see results quickly it will be hard to break that power. To know that it is God's Temple I am rebuilding is an awesome focus.

If you have any recipes or secrets you would like to share let me know.
There are a few things I will not do, I will not use artificial sweeteners. If its made by chemicals it cannot be any better for you then the real thing. And those chemicals kill lab animals. I eat very few cooked veggies so its hard to eat anything not found in a salad. And have a fear of textures and smell, big gag issues. Example being yogurt... ewwww...

1 comment:

  1. Join us at ctmhbiglosers@yahoogroups.com.

    Another group of CTMH consultants supporting each other through our weight loss journey. Mary and I both belong as well. They have a recipe file section, and lots of support. Love all of my "loser" friends, as we call ourselves.

    Glad you took up the challenge, keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete