Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baby Adrienne is not a baby anymore!

Evening,
I cannot believe how fast our granddaughter is growing.
We were blessed to be able to spend yesterday with her.
We picked her up after lunch, went to the mall to see a movie.
Tooth Fairy is a very cute movie, a tab bit long for a 5 year old. Might have been better off seeing Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Never the less it was time with the baby. But she is not a baby anymore. She will be 6 in April. )o: We snuggled and shared my jacket most of the movie.
Before the movie we went to take advantage of Children's Place winter clearance of $3.99 or less. We found some cute tank tops for summer, a pair of awesome green cords... and she found the not so cheap unclearance items. She picked out her birthday outfit. A super green skort with the peace sign on the bottom, and a bright pink t-shirt with sparkly flip-flops making the peace sign. So of course she needed matching flip flops..... oh darn.
She wants a Nintendo DS for her birthday. We told Adrienne we would ask Daddy if it was okay, well, Daddy didn't say yes but he didn't say no! So birthday will go on layaway!
After movie we went to have dinner with her great garma and garpa. I know her great garma loves visiting Adrienne as much as we do. When garpa asked her what she wanted for dinner, she said "I will just share garma's." Do you not just see how special she is too me. And for her to love me so makes it all the better.
We had so much fun, she is so pretty, and so tall and so skinny. She has grown about 6 inches since June! Garpa says, "Growing up to break some hearts." We are so proud of our precious grand baby.
Guess what she did? She got all 10 spelling words right on Friday, and raised $85.00! At five and in "kid garden".....spelling words. Sounding out words and spelling. Another blessing having a good school program. I am so proud of her!
I just can't wait until March when we get her for a week.
I never knew how much a garma could love her grand baby. But I am so guilty! She is an amazing gift. God's little children he allows us to share! What an awesome God we truly have.
I thank my Father for providing this little one with stability even when living between Daddy and Mommy. She is well adjusted. This was our biggest worry. I pray she continues to blossom and becomes who God wants her to be. And accomplishes whatever she sets out to do with Gods blessing.
Thanks for reading this proud Garma's (grandmas) post for this evening.
My week is going to be great, since I started off with the "not so baby" baby!
Have a beautiful week,
Rene'

No comments:

Post a Comment